Sauceless Mac & Cheese Casserole

I have a mini love affair with mac 'n cheese. There are numerous different recipes in my repertoire, but this one is literally Macaroni + Cheese! It's super easy, and so much healthier & tastier than the boxed junk :)

Ingredients
  • 3 cups uncooked whole wheat macaroni
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (the powdered stuff from a canister does not count as real cheese!
Directions
1. Cook macaroni to al dente. Drain and put pasta in a casserole dish.
2. Stir in herbs and 1 cup cheddar, 1 cup mozzarella & 1/2 cup parmesan cheeses until cheeses is melted.

3.  Drizzle half and half evenly over the top.

4. Top with remaining cheeses.
5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until the top is browned.

6 comments:

  1. No butter? That's okay, this still sounds awesome! How do you find the finished consistency? I might try with montery jack instead of mozzarella because I like its "melty" texture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter is always welcome in my recipes :) Jack cheese sounds really yummy! I just use mozzarella because I buy a big block of that and cheddar, so I always have it on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do not cook that much......................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] nutritional value of a meal, I’ll just mix some chia right in to the final meal - risotto, macaroni and cheese, quinoa… you name it, we’ve probably had chia in [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is by far my favorite post. I love mac'n cheese and cannot wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite Post! I love mac 'n cheese. Definitely going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...