Startin' 'Em Young...

I'm going with a literal "spill-it" for today's Spill-It Saturday: I've debated whether or not this spill-it is just too "bad mommy" to share, but I've decided that if it makes another mom feel less guilty about her mishap then it's worth sharing...

After a very long day, I had a glass of wine in the bathroom with me while I gave my little guy his bath. I set it on the bathroom counter a few inches from the edge and forgot about it. It was about half-full.

As is routine, we did the towel off to room to PJs thing. And, as is routine, he bolted out of the room like a man escaping from bath time prison (such a tough life!). I was picking up his room when I realized that he was way too quiet.

"Parker?" . . . "Parker!" . . . "PARKER?!"

No reply.

I rounded the corner at the end of the hall and found my little gremlin wildly waiving my (now empty) wine glass in the air. Apparently, his zone of reach has increased significantly this week! BAAAHHHHH!

*Close eyes* *Breathe* *Breathe again* *One more time*

My first thought (after "Is he ok," of course): What the heck am I going to tell the folks in the ER when I take my 17-month-old in for alcohol poisoning?!
I snatched the glass and ran through the living room to the bathroom. THANK GOODNESS! There was wine ALL over the floor, the bathroom rug, the door, the carpet and the clothes that he was wearing before bath time. It seriously looked like a murder scene, but that terrible mess meant that little buddy didn't actually consume any of the wine. *WHEW*

Tuesday: 1
Mommy: 0

Ready for round two...

DING

Any stories you're willing to share? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. [...] definitely be ordering at least 2 bottles at a time! The red wine stains in my carpet from my not-so-proud mommy moment are almost completely gone!  Seriously.  I had tried everything to get the wine out of the [...]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...