Sick Tea (antiviral tea)!



Hello to everyone visiting from Pinterest!  I'm so happy that you've found my little corner of the Internet :) There's quite a bit here to explore, so please have a look around! Also, I'd love it if you would join us over on Facebook:


Little Bear was sick-sick for the first time last week, and it was viral... Momma has never felt so helpless (flashback to the midnight earache incident)! All I could do is round up every antiviral in the house and treat internally (tea) and topically (balm). I can't find where I wrote the instructions for the balm, but as soon as I do, I'll get it posted, too.

The interwebs and other more-seasoned parents warned that this particular virus was a doozy and that it would entail 7-14 days of pure heck. I'm not sure if LB got off with a pansy strand of the virus, if his immune system was killer strong already, or if the tea and balm actually helped, but we only ended up with 3 days of really sick and a few days of recovery - YAY!

For what it's worth, here's our magical antiviral tea recipe:


Boil a quart (4 cups) of purified water. Pour over 1 echinacea tea bag, 1 red rooibos tea bag, and a sprig of rosemary. After the tea has cooled a bit, add a few drops of oil of oregano, 1 teaspoon of elderberry concentrate, and 2 teaspoons of raw honey. Drink 3 quarts each day until you're all better. If you can't handle 3 quarts (or can't get your little one to drink that much), make sure you're getting 3 teaspoons of elderberry and a few tablespoons of raw honey throughout the day.

Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...