Fabulous First: Easter Basket!

Although this is not our first Easter with Little Bear, it's the first one that I've had to put a basket together for him (he was only 6 months old last year).  I may have gone just a little overboard, but here's what he's getting (NO junk candy and NO useless crap here!):

Because Little Bear and I fly relatively frequently and because he LOVES to pack things up, I used a Melissa and Doug Trunki instead of a standard Easter Basket.  He is obsessed with the pillow packs that come in Amazon's packages, so I used those as a base filler.

To make it pretty and Easter-y, I topped the pillow packs with pretty green Easter grass.

I did a little dry run tonight, and hid a few eggs to get Little Bear ready for the big day.  Before he would put any eggs in his bucket, he wanted to open it and check the inside out - I have NO idea where he learned that Easter eggs were filled with goodies, but it made my job a whole lot more fun :)

I filled 2 dozen small plastic eggs with organic whole grain cheerios, bulk organic raisins, chocolate Earth's Best cookies (over half whole grain), and the marshmallows from my all-natural lucky charms (these are my mommy crack - I have a bowl almost every night, but shhhh don't tell anyone).  These will mostly be for hiding around the house/in the back yard.
Nevermind the beer in the background :) Momma needed a little Blue Moon action after today's tornado fiasco!
I filled some bigger eggs with Annie's fruit snack packs.


Ok, so, don't judge...  I may have had a little too much fun with the non-food goodies that went into the basket.  I think there is an element of mommy guilt that comes with keeping the "good stuff" away from Little Bear (i.e., foods/candies filled with unhealthy and even toxic additives, colors, artificial flavors, etc.).  Even thought I know that I'm making the best possible choices for his health, I still don't want him to feel left out or isolated - especially during the holidays.  Sooooo, I more than compensated :)

Here's a list of some of the fun fillers I used:

Sooo, now I have a huge basket to hide until Sunday!  While at this age Easter is all about the treats and the gifts, I can't wait until Little Bear is old enough to really understand why we celebrate Easter - there is so much awesomeness for me to teach him!


Romans 6:8-11 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love all the little healthy snacks and surprises inside each egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! After I had the post all finished and published, I decided to go back and hide some organic semisweet chocolate chips in a few of the eggs. It wouldn't be Easter without at least a little chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog, sounds very similar to the Easter basket I just filled for my own Little Bear, whom I ALSO call "Little Bear!" In fact, my blog is called "Adventures with Little Bear." How funny! www.chloethebear.blogspot.com

    Hope your own "LB" has a blast on Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing, Bryana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, Gonna snag a few of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not as all natural as you are, but I do very little food in Easter baskets. We live in coastal Alabama and I always got a swim suit in my basket and now my kids do too. They also got a few Melissa and Doug kick boards. My 5 year old a M&D USA map puzzle and the newly 2 the throwing shark ball. Love your idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a cute, creative alternative to junk filled baskets! I don't know who had/will have more fun with it...Mommy or Little Bear 8)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea for an Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great information. Appreciate it regarding delivering you this kind of practical information. Keep up the excellent do the job as well as keep on delivering you far more good quality information on occasion.Basket

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...