Wallaby Sour Cream & a Haiku

It's time for this week's Sunday Spotlight!

I was originally going in a completely different direction with this post.  I had a great food blog in mind to share with you... and then I made a snack.

I sat down with my snack, and - as I licked every last drop of the sour cream off of the spoon I was holding - I decided that my love for this stuff cannot be kept personal any longer!

I LOVE WALLABY EUROPEAN-STYLE SOUR CREAM

There.  I said it.  I know it sounds weird - sour cream is sour cream, right?  WRONG!  This stuff is amazing!

The only 2 ingredients are organic cream and cultures (bacteria - the good kind!), but somehow this company (Wallaby) has found a way to make these two ingredients transcend being just milk and bacteria.  I'm pretty sure there are real Oopma Loompas or Fairies or something working at the factory...

The fat and calorie content is way higher than regular ole sour cream, but every stinkin' one of those calories is worth it!  Plus, it's the "good" kind of all-natural fat.

The texture is sooo smooth.  It's slightly thicker than normal sour cream, and the flavor is amazingly rich.  I mix it with Frank's Hot Sauce or queso or just eat it straight up - YUM!

Whole Foods has had it on sale for a few months at $2.50 for 16 ounces, which is more than regular sour cream, but isn't crazy expensive.
I seriously love this stuff so much that I wrote it a haiku (yes, I'm serious - don't judge!)

white creamy goodness
you're more than a condiment
I will pay full price

On that note... Happy Sunday!  If you have a new favorite thing, please share!

1 comment:

  1. Great haiku :) Sour cream is delicious. After this post, I will have to try this type. I think I can actually afford this organic splurge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...