Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask - One-Ingredient, One-Hour to Healthy, Shiny Hair!!!



Hello to everyone visiting from Pinterest!  I'm so happy that you've found my little corner of the Internet :) There's quite a bit here to explore, so please have a look around! Also, I'd love it if you would join us over on Facebook:



I'm absolutely NOT retracting my love for my coconut oil hair mask, but I have found another new love! One of the commenters on the coconut oil mask post suggested an aloe treatment. Since aloe gel is relatively inexpensive, and since I have an obsession with trying new natural remedies, I couldn't wait to give it a go...

Step 1: Wash, condition, and towel dry your hair as usual.

Step 2:  Apply a generous amount of REAL aloe gel to your hair, root to end. Don't buy the blue crap (or the clear crap next to it) in the sun-care aisle of your supermarket. Go to the natural care section and look for real aloe gel, or get it online (I found it at about half the price online!).

The good stuff!

Even this "100% Gel" version has crummy ingredients!
(Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate,
Carbomer 940, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin,
Diazolidinyl Urea) - Talk about misleading marketing tactics!!

Step 3:  Put a shower cap on and wait about an hour.


Step 4:  Rinse hair and dry/style as usual! So shiny and clean!


For me, at least, I like the aloe better for dull or icky-feeling hair, while the coconut oil is better for dry, damaged hair. In my world, that translates to coconut oil in the winter and aloe in the summer (with a little overlap here and there).

Have you tried both? Which is your favorite?



5 comments:

  1. can u mix coconut oil and aloe gel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried, but I don't see why not! Aloe is water-based, so it may not mix well with the coconut oil, though.

      Delete
  2. I only have the "blue crap" and cant buy pure aloe because I am so broke! Will it damage my hair if I use that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea! By a chance I have a tube of pure aloe vera gel and haven't had any idea on how to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use aloe juice? I have a bottle of juice in my cabinet that I don't know what to use for...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...