Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix

After last week's Bloody Mary recipe, I feel the need to tone it down a bit for this week's Thirsty Thursday post.  This recipe is so easy that it's hard to even call it a recipe.  You'll never buy the processed chemical-filled, pre-made hot cocoa mix again!

Ingredients
Directions

Combine the cocoa and the sugar in a lidded container (I use the cocoa box), and shake well for a minute or so.  That's it!

If the mix is too sweet or not sweet enough for your taste, just tinker with the cocoa-to-sugar ratio until you get it just the way you like it.

I add a scoop of the mix to my coffee in the morning, or it can be added to hot milk for traditional cocoa.  For a special treat, add a few scoops to heavy whipping cream and beat with a whisk until it forms whipped cream - it is a super easy chocolate "mousse" and also makes a great coffee topper!  Store it in a pretty jars for great little Christmas gifts!

It saves well - just follow the earlier of the expiration dates on the sugar and the cocoa.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, now I feel a little silly for shelling out for the mix I bought that contained these two ingredients. I won't be doing that again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...